Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Quinoa with Kale, Pomegranate, & Feta
I hosted Christmas Eve dinner this year and wanted to make a dish that was light, healthy, and red and green for the holidays.
I decided to make quinoa with kale, pomegranate, and feta because it is a great complement to any other dish, it’s good for you, and it features ingredients in festive colours. Not to mention, this dish is perfect to serve year round!
1 package of quinoa (255 grams)
10 leaves of kale, washed and cut into small pieces
1 cup of crumbled feta
6 tsp honey
2 tsp dijon mustard
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions (I boil 2 cups of water, stir in the quinoa, reduce heat and cover. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and leave quinoa covered for 5 minutes to absorb any remaining water).
2. Allow the quinoa to cool completely (I usually cook it two hours ahead of time or I cook it the day before and store it in the fridge).
3. Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until well mixed.
4. Place the kale in a large bowl and pour the dressing over it, mixing until coated.
5. Add the cooked quinoa, feta,and pomegranate seeds, tossing thoroughly to combine.
What’s your favourite holiday dish?
Labels: clean eating, dairy free recipes, dijon, dish, dressing, egg free recipes, feta, food, healthy, honey, ingredients, kale, lunch dinner, olive oil, pomegranate, quinoa, recipe, salad, vegetarian, white wine vinegar