Sunday, June 12, 2016
It’s wedding season!
Whether you’re a bride, bridesmaid, mother of the bride or groom, wedding planner, or wedding guest, these eight wedding nail designs will give you some inspiration. I have a full blog post on each design that explains the products that I used and how I created each look. Click on the mint green text below to learn more.
Designs clockwise from top left:
1. Something Blue Wedding Nail Art
2. Wedding Nails with Julep Confetti Toss
3. Pastel Confetti Nail Art
4. Bridal Nails: Flowers, Pearls, and Shimmer
5. Nail Art: Winter Floral Nails
6. Victorian Lace Nail Look
7. Beach Inspired Nail Art
8. Wedding Nails: Flowers & Shimmery Stripes
Happy wedding season!
Labels: bridal, bride, bride nail art, bridesmaids, nail art, nail designs, nail look, something blue idea, wedding day, wedding ideas, wedding inspiration, wedding nail art, wedding nails, wedding season, wedding style
The May 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to prepare us for the transition from spring to summer with its Bait Some Beauty, Save A Mermaid! / Mer-May-d theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the May items.
1. Elizabeth Mott You’re So Fine Liquid Liner in Glitterati | Retail: $18 (full size) - This waterproof liquid liner includes a subtle sparkle for a pretty poolside look.
2. Appeal Cosmetics Luxurious Lipstick in Crush | Retail: $29 (full size) - While this pigmented and hydrating lip colour looks more vibrant in the photo above, it’s actually a creamier, more muted orangey-coral shade that will give lips an exciting pop of colour for summer.
3. Glamour Dolls Mermaid Lashes Splash Proof Mascara | Retail: $4.99 (full size) - This waterproof mascara won’t smudge when you’re having fun in the ocean. I think this is one of my favourite products in this box since it’s summer-approved and also cruelty free!
4. Mystic Tan Mocha-Kyssed Bronzer Lotion | Retail: $35 - This bronzer lotion is buildable and can be applied daily to maintain colour. Since it has warm, brown undertones, it works well for fair, ruddy, olive, and medium skin tones. It’s been quite a while since I attempted self-tanning but I think I will give this product a try, especially since it’s moisturizing.
5. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Spray | Retail: $20 - This is a great hair product to use for a day outside since it softens, strengthens, and moisturizes hair while protecting it against UV rays.
Overall, I would say that Beauty Box Five has had another great month with its May 2016 box. The products are unique and will be very useful during the warmer months. The three makeup products are full size and retail for almost $55 combined. The skin and hair products include generous amounts and are also travel friendly and the perfect size to throw in a beach bag. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for June!
Monday, June 6, 2016
Today, I’m sharing one of my favourite spring/summer dishes. It’s light, healthy, easy to make, and includes one of my favourite fruits: mango.
This dish is customizable since you can add any ingredients that you like. I used white mushrooms, baby corn, zucchini, carrots, and mango. For some added protein, you could also add chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
The sauce that I used is the President’s Choice Thai Mango Coconut Cooking Sauce. I really like this sauce’s balance between sweet and spicy, but you can use any thai sauce that you can find.
Look at how bright and colourful the vegetables are!
And here’s how everything looks with the sauce.
I like to eat the vegetables served over a bed of rice and topped with shredded coconut.
1 package white mushrooms
1 can baby corn
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 400ml jar mango coconut cooking sauce
pinch of shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
rice, noodles, or lettuce of your choice for serving
1. Cut vegetables into small pieces.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add mushrooms, zucchini, and shredded carrots. Cook until tender (about 5-7 minutes). If you need a bit of moisture in the pan, add about 1tbsp of water.
3. Add baby corn and mango to the pan and cook until heated (about 3 minutes).
3. Add cooking sauce to the pan and mix well to combine. Once the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat.
4. Serve over cooked rice, noodles, or lettuce of your choice.
5. Garnish with shredded coconut.