Saturday, February 8, 2014
These cookies are an easy and cute dessert for Valentine’s Day. The best part (aside from being sweet, chewy, and delicious) is that they only require a few ingredients.
1 box cake mix of your choice (I used rainbow chip)
1 cup (8 oz) cool frozen whip, thawed (I used low fat)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
decorating icing (I used the Betty Crocker blue cupcake icing)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, cool whip, and egg until well combined.
3. Drop batter by the spoonful into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll the dough around to form a ball. Batter will be sticky so you may want to coat your fingers in powdered sugar or a bit of flour to make the rolling process easier.
4. Place the cookie balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet or sil pat and flatten them slightly.
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
6. Once cookies are completely cooled, use decorating icing to draw Valentine’s Day themed shapes on them (I made hearts, XOs, and I wrote the word love on some of them)
I hope you enjoy this Valentine's Day cookie recipe! What will you be baking for Valentine’s Day?
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Since the 2014 Pantone colour of the year is Radiant Orchid, I wanted to show you some of my favourite orchid toned products.
Zoya Odette: Odette is a sultry orchid maroon cream polish from the Zoya Naturel Collection (see a review and swatches of the entire collection HERE). This shade is perfect to wear year round because it’s a classic orchid shade that’s rich in colour but not too bright.
Benefit Lollitint: Lollitint is an orchid lip and cheek stain from Benefit (see more pictures HERE). It looks more muted in the picture above than it does on the lips. This shade is perfect for brightening up a pale winter complexion or providing a fun pop of colour during the warmer months.
Tarte Fantastic Amazonian Clay Blush: Fantastic was released with Tarte’s 2012 Fantastic Foursome holiday collection (see the rest of the collection and a description of each shade HERE). This blush applies effortlessly and stays vibrant on the skin for hours. Its cool orchid tones give the cheeks a glow from within effect. I like to complement this shade by wearing a dab of Lollitint on my lips and a swipe of mascara on my lashes.
Zoya Rory: Rory is a bright, shimmery orchid polish that was released with Zoya’s summer 2012 Surf Collection (see a full review and more swatches of Rory HERE). This polish is a great shade to wear in the summer as its sparkly orchid tones look beautiful in the sunlight. It’s also a nice shade to add a pop of colour during the cooler, more cloudy seasons.
Which one of these orchid shades is your favourite? Which orchid toned products have you worn this year?
Labels: 2014, benefit, benefit lollitint, makeup favourites, orchid, pantone colour of the year, pictures, review, swatches, tarte, tarte fantastic Amazonian clay blush, zoya, zoya natural, zoya Odette, zoya rory