Saturday, July 26, 2014
I really appreciate those of you who take time out of your busy schedules to read my blog. As a thank-you, I am giving away a Thank You eyeshadow from Bare minerals, a Starlooks eyeliner, and a Glam Natural mascara to one of my wonderful followers.
You can enter by filling out the Rafflecopter form below.
****This giveaway is open internationally and will close on August 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM****
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Since I’ve been adding more cream-based makeup products to my collection, I thought it was time to purchase some new brushes from Sigma that would help me apply these products properly.
First is the P82 Precision Round brush. I ordered this brush to use for applying cream shadows since I don’t really like dipping my finger into the little pots of product—its unsanitary and messy. Since this brush is made with dense Synthetic Sigmax fibres, it applies cream shadow in the same way that a fingertip could. So far I am very impressed with it since it makes application so much cleaner, faster, and easier.
Next, I purchased the F84 Angled Kabuki for cream blush application. It actually caught my attention because I was having a very difficult time finding a brush to apply my Make Up For Ever Second Skin Cream Blush. This brush works perfectly and it keeps my fingers clean so that I don’t need to wash them before finishing the rest of my makeup. It has Synthetic Sigmax fibres as well which are dense and blend cream blush to a natural finish. The angled fibres make it easy to pick up the product from the flat pan.
Overall, I’m really enjoying both brushes and highly recommend them for cream product application.
*This post contains affiliate links; however, all products were purchased by me and all opinions expressed are honest and are my own.*
The July 2014 Beauty Box Five features products inspired by the defining moments that make us the amazing people (and women) that we are.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the July items…
1. Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara – Aside from having beautiful packaging, this mascara lifts lashes without a curler, is smudge and flake free, and provides volume and definition. I can’t wait to try out this full sized product ($7.99), especially since it does not cause flaking which can be hard to find in a mascara.
2. Body Drench Candy Licious Lips – These cute lip balms come in a variety of sweet flavours (cotton candy, grape lollipop, lime gumdrop, and more). I received red licorice. It smells delicious and the packaging is very cute. Like the mascara, this is another full size product. It retails for $3.99.
3. Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil – This creamy pencil liner can be used for a dramatic smoky eye look. It also creates precise lines and can even be used as a base for shadows—just smudge with a blending brush. While this product sounds great, I’m not one for eyeliner so I will save this full sized pencil ($12.00) for a future giveaway.
4. HASK Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment – This deep conditioner restores, nourishes, and repairs damaged hair with results that last for two weeks. This package retails for $2.49 and is good for at least two uses. Since I have fine hair that is not very dry during the summer months, I will use a bit less than half the package per treatment. I’m really looking forward to trying this product as I’m always looking for something to add a bit of extra smoothness and shine to my hair.
5. Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub – During the summer months, I love using body scrubs to keep my skin looking smooth and youthful. I can’t wait to try this vegan scrub that exfoliates and moisturizes without parabens, artificial fragrances, or harsh chemicals. I could not figure out how much product the sample jar contains, but the full size retails for $10.99 and contains 4 fl oz.
Overall, I am very impressed with the July 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. The three full size products more than pay for the box, and the smaller samples are perfect for summer. I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Recently, Benefit Cosmetics released four new Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms. As a person who fears lipsticks but loves lip glosses that provide a sheer tint and long lasting hydration, I knew I needed to try this product.
I read a lot of reviews before purchasing my own Benebalm. Many reviews indicated that the product was very hydrating but did not provide much tint. I agree that the level of moisture that this product gives the lips is exceptional. It is very smooth and long lasting, even through a small meal or a glass of water. I love how the product leaves my lips with a glossy finish, almost like a lipgloss (as shown in the swatch below). It also feels like a light, non-sticky lipgloss. It’s never tacky, waxy, or oily.
As for its level of pigmentation, I was quite satisfied despite the disappointment of other reviewers. My lips have a medium level of pigmentation, and, on me, this balm looks comparable in pigmentation to a layer of Benetint lip and cheek stain, minus the dry feeling. It leaves a noticeable colour on my lips that brightens my complexion and makes me feel put together whether I’m wearing other makeup or not. The shade of this balm is very similar to Benetint with its red base and slight berry undertones—a fresh, rosy colour.
And let’s not forget about the beautiful packaging. With its mirror-like red casing and cute pink dots, this lip balm tube is something worth showing off. It’s also very well made and the cap clicks on with a tight seal so there’s no risk of it falling off and making a mess.
Despite the many positive aspects of this product, it does have a few negative qualities, one being the scent. The lip balm has a waxy, rosy scent that is a bit unpleasant; however, it disappears quickly upon application and the balm does not taste like it smells. In fact, it really doesn’t taste like anything. Another downside is the price. $22 CAD is quite expensive for only 3 grams of product. I used my Shoppers Optimum points to pay for mine, but, since I really enjoy this product, I would definitely repurchase it with my own money.
Overall, I really like this product and plan to try the other shades of this balm (Chacha, Lolli, and Posie). What are your thoughts on Benebalm?
Monday, July 14, 2014
Nail Polish Canada (nailpolishcanada.com) is hosting yet another great giveaway, and this one is huge!
NPC has partnered with Cirque Colors, NCLA, and PiCture POlish to give away up to 200 shades of nail polish from over 10 different brands. Yes, I said TWO HUNDRED. That’s a lot of nail polish for one lucky winner!
Although I won’t be entering, I still get to join in the fun by nominating a colour for the giveaway. I selected a beautiful creamy peach shade from PiCture POlish called peaches n’ cream.
Aside from this beauty, another great aspect of this giveaway is that you can enter more than once to increase your chances of winning many amazing polishes to add to your collection. You can enter the giveaway on the Nail Polish Canada site, http://www.nailpolishcanada.com/categories/the-great-polish-giveaway-of-2014.html and you can also enter once on each blog that adds a shade to the prize. To enter on my blog, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
Best of luck and happy polishing!
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
In honour of wedding season, I have created this pretty nail look that features clusters of white flowers on a background of shimmery light pink and purple stripes.
This look began with a base of one of my favourite pale pink polishes, Zoya Marilyn. Next, I used a thin nail art brush to create greyish purple stripes with OPI’s Loyalty Islands Lilac.
To make this look a bit more intricate, I added floral cluster decals from Born Pretty Store. I selected a different cluster for each nail to give the design an effortless style. The decals come on a large sheet with twelve designs in creamy white shades with silver accents (flower nail stickers). They last just as long as the polish and are very easy to apply. They are also very affordable at approximately $5 (plus 10% off with the code Beauty4K31 and free worldwide shipping) for so many different designs. I’ve already used the bow decals for my modern Tiffany-Inspired Nail Look, and I plan to use the hearts for a future Valentine’s Day nail look.
What do you think of this wedding-inspired nail design?