Thursday, July 24, 2014
July 2014 Beauty Box Five
The July 2014 Beauty Box Five features products inspired by the defining moments that make us the amazing people (and women) that we are.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the July items…
1. Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara – Aside from having beautiful packaging, this mascara lifts lashes without a curler, is smudge and flake free, and provides volume and definition. I can’t wait to try out this full sized product ($7.99), especially since it does not cause flaking which can be hard to find in a mascara.
2. Body Drench Candy Licious Lips – These cute lip balms come in a variety of sweet flavours (cotton candy, grape lollipop, lime gumdrop, and more). I received red licorice. It smells delicious and the packaging is very cute. Like the mascara, this is another full size product. It retails for $3.99.
3. Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil – This creamy pencil liner can be used for a dramatic smoky eye look. It also creates precise lines and can even be used as a base for shadows—just smudge with a blending brush. While this product sounds great, I’m not one for eyeliner so I will save this full sized pencil ($12.00) for a future giveaway.
4. HASK Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment – This deep conditioner restores, nourishes, and repairs damaged hair with results that last for two weeks. This package retails for $2.49 and is good for at least two uses. Since I have fine hair that is not very dry during the summer months, I will use a bit less than half the package per treatment. I’m really looking forward to trying this product as I’m always looking for something to add a bit of extra smoothness and shine to my hair.
5. Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub – During the summer months, I love using body scrubs to keep my skin looking smooth and youthful. I can’t wait to try this vegan scrub that exfoliates and moisturizes without parabens, artificial fragrances, or harsh chemicals. I could not figure out how much product the sample jar contains, but the full size retails for $10.99 and contains 4 fl oz.
Overall, I am very impressed with the July 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. The three full size products more than pay for the box, and the smaller samples are perfect for summer. I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*