Monday, July 20, 2015
I first posted about Leslie in my June Nail Polish Haul (check it out HERE). This pretty polish is part of Zoya’s Spring 2015 Delight Collection.
Zoya describes the shade as a soft lavender metallic with turquoise flecks. While it’s definitely lavender, I would say that it’s more shimmery than metallic. The turquoise flecks give the polish beautiful dimension and an element of surprise since the flecks show up most under a bright light source, especially sunlight. Without looking up close in regular lighting, the polish just looks like a soft lavender shade. I don’t mind that the turquoise shimmer is muted for the most part since it makes the polish more wearable for every day.
Like most Zoya polishes, Leslie is a bit thick. I only needed to apply two coats to achieve opacity. I was a bit disappointed by the finish of the polish. While the shimmery formula dries to a sheen, the finish is in no way glossy. Even after I applied a top coat, it almost seemed as though the polish absorbed the top coat, preventing it from leaving a high-gloss shine. If you like your nails to look like they are coated in glass like I do, you may not love the finish of this polish.
That said, Leslie is easy to apply, is long wearing, and is fun to wear on a sunny day. Overall, I recommend this polish for those who love shimmery polish shades that are appropriate for every day but still look unique.
Monday, July 6, 2015
The June 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us look our best while travelling. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is available to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free! The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the June items...
1. LOL Rotational Eye Shadow | Retail: $3 - This palette, created by a French and Australian cosmetics brand, includes six pretty shadows. I received a palette with shadows of green and gold called Splash That Cash. While it is very pretty, I don’t think these shades will be very flattering on me, so I will pass it on to someone else.
2. Nails Inc. Nail Polish | Retail: $9.50 for 0.33 oz - This nail polish is my favourite item in this month’s box since I have been wanting to try this UK brand for a while. I received the shade Bruton Street which is a pretty mauve pink.
3. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara | Retail: $22 for 0.4 oz - This pigmented mascara volumizes lashes with its creamy formula. I’m excited to try my first Urban Decay mascara.
4. Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water | Retail: $7.99 for 7 oz - This on-the-go hydrator is perfect for travelling because it does not require a sink, it is no-rinse, and it hydrates skin. I am a bit disappointed by how small this sample is. I don’t think there is enough product in here for me to truly evaluate if I like this product or not.
5. Herbal Essences Body Wash | Retail: $2.49 for 11.1 oz - This travel-size bottle of body wash has an amazing citrus scent. I have always loved Herbal Essences hair products because of their delicious scents, so I’m looking forward to trying a body wash from this brand.
Overall, I’m very happy with the mascara, nail polish, and body wash in this month’s box. I did find the eyeshadow palette and cleansing water to be less impressive. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for July.
Labels: beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, briton street, canadian, deluxe samples, herbal essences body wash, june, june 2015, june beauty box five, lol cosmetics, nails inc, subscription, urban decay perversion