Monday, July 6, 2015
June 2015 Beauty Box Five
The June 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us look our best while travelling. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is available to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free! The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the June items...
1. LOL Rotational Eye Shadow | Retail: $3 - This palette, created by a French and Australian cosmetics brand, includes six pretty shadows. I received a palette with shadows of green and gold called Splash That Cash. While it is very pretty, I don’t think these shades will be very flattering on me, so I will pass it on to someone else.
2. Nails Inc. Nail Polish | Retail: $9.50 for 0.33 oz - This nail polish is my favourite item in this month’s box since I have been wanting to try this UK brand for a while. I received the shade Bruton Street which is a pretty mauve pink.
3. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara | Retail: $22 for 0.4 oz - This pigmented mascara volumizes lashes with its creamy formula. I’m excited to try my first Urban Decay mascara.
4. Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water | Retail: $7.99 for 7 oz - This on-the-go hydrator is perfect for travelling because it does not require a sink, it is no-rinse, and it hydrates skin. I am a bit disappointed by how small this sample is. I don’t think there is enough product in here for me to truly evaluate if I like this product or not.
5. Herbal Essences Body Wash | Retail: $2.49 for 11.1 oz - This travel-size bottle of body wash has an amazing citrus scent. I have always loved Herbal Essences hair products because of their delicious scents, so I’m looking forward to trying a body wash from this brand.
Overall, I’m very happy with the mascara, nail polish, and body wash in this month’s box. I did find the eyeshadow palette and cleansing water to be less impressive. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for July.
Labels: beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, briton street, canadian, deluxe samples, herbal essences body wash, june, june 2015, june beauty box five, lol cosmetics, nails inc, subscription, urban decay perversion