Saturday, February 8, 2014
Blue Valentine Cool Whip Cookies
These cookies are an easy and cute dessert for Valentine’s Day. The best part (aside from being sweet, chewy, and delicious) is that they only require a few ingredients.
1 box cake mix of your choice (I used rainbow chip)
1 cup (8 oz) cool frozen whip, thawed (I used low fat)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
decorating icing (I used the Betty Crocker blue cupcake icing)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, cool whip, and egg until well combined.
3. Drop batter by the spoonful into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll the dough around to form a ball. Batter will be sticky so you may want to coat your fingers in powdered sugar or a bit of flour to make the rolling process easier.
4. Place the cookie balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet or sil pat and flatten them slightly.
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
6. Once cookies are completely cooled, use decorating icing to draw Valentine’s Day themed shapes on them (I made hearts, XOs, and I wrote the word love on some of them)
I hope you enjoy this Valentine's Day cookie recipe! What will you be baking for Valentine’s Day?