Sunday, March 10, 2013
Healthy & Delicious Chocolate Pudding
I must confess that I have a serious sweet tooth. I can’t make it through a day…or sometimes an hour…without eating something sweet. Despite how much I love the taste of sugary foods, I know that it’s not healthy to eat them all the time, so I’m always looking for recipes that will help me get my sweet fix without compromising my health.
Recently I came across a wonderful recipe for the delicious chocolate pudding that you see in the photo above. I found it on Lauren Conrad’s website which always features lots of amazing, yet healthy, recipes. I modified the recipe a bit to fit my style (see the original recipe HERE). Not only is this pudding much healthier than regular, processed-sugar-infused pudding that can be found at the grocery store, it tastes great and is a satisfying snack.
Let me know what you think if you try it out.
1 ripe avocado
3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla Greek yogurt and 1 strawberry for garnish (skip the yogurt if you want vegan pudding)
1. Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Blend until smooth and the avocado is no longer visible.
3. Place the Greek yogurt on top of the pudding.
4. Slice the strawberry and sprinkle it on top of the yogurt.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating (this is optional but I think that it makes the pudding taste so much better and gives it a firmer texture).