Friday, May 16, 2014
May 2014 Beauty Box Five
The May 2014 Beauty Box Five features spring-inspired products to energize us after a long winter and prepare us for summer.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the May items…
1. MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask – If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I have been using and loving MaskerAide sheet masks for quite a while (see my review HERE). I’m always up for an at-home facial so I was very happy to receive this Beauty Rest-ore mask in the May box. While all MaskerAide masks are paraben-free, vegan friendly, mess-free, and biodegradable, this specific mask’s purpose is to smooth, restore, and regenerate skin with argan oil, super fruit extracts, green algae, and vitamin e—a perfect pick-me-up for skin that has been battling the winter elements for the past few months. This mask is full size and retails for $5.99.
2. H2O Plus Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel – this oil-free cleanser made with sea salt and marine botanicals exfoliates skin while protecting it from free radicals and environmental damage. Although I normally avoid trying new skincare due to my very sensitive skin, I’m always looking for a new facial exfoliator. As far as I can tell, this clear gel cleanser does not contain any rough particles or harsh chemicals so I’m looking forward to trying it in place of my regular exfoliator. The sample tube contains 8 ml of product. The full size contains 120 ml and retails for $18.
3. Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths – I received three of these cloths in the scent Restore (a light powder scent). I love the concept of using cooling cloths to refresh on hot summer days. I’m going to keep these in my purse to use on my feet which often feel very hot and tired after a long day of walking around in flip-flops. These cloths cost $2.97 for a pack of ten.
4. Harvey Prince Hello fragrance – Normally, I don’t usually enjoy fragrance samples sent in beauty boxes because they are often heavy, mature, and overly floral. This fragrance is definitely an exception with its light, energizing scent that boasts refreshing notes of mandarin, grapefruit, forsythia, and plumeria—a sunny summer morning in a bottle! I could not figure out the size of the sample, but the full size contains 5.7 oz of product and retails for $55.
5. Cattiva Precisione Eye Liner – Perfect for spring and summer, this retractable eyeliner is waterproof. It creates smooth, smudge-resistant lines and is paraben free. As amazing as this liner sounds, I will not be trying it because it’s in the shade black which is too harsh for my very pale complexion. That said, I know that someone else will love it so I will save it for a giveaway. This liner is a full size product that retails for $20.
Overall, I am very impressed with the May 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. The sheet mask and eyeliner more than pay for the box, and the smaller samples are perfect to keep in a purse or beach bag for spring and summer. I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*