Saturday, November 22, 2014
November 2014 Beauty Box Five
The November 2014 Beauty Box Five features products to help us remain gracefully grounded. The products are meant to encourage us to stop and give ourselves an extra 10 minutes of pampering during this busy month.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the November items…
1. Afterfeather Refillable Travel Bottle | Retail: $8.95 for a set of two refillable 2 fl oz bottles – For those of you who love to travel, these pretty bottles are the perfect place to pack your beloved liquid products on your journey. This box contained one bottle with an adorable dandelion pattern. The bottles are reusable and also TSA-approved!
2. Laura Ashley Body Butter | Retail: $20 for a set of six 1.75 oz body butters – These nourishing body butters come in cute little jars and feature a range of scents. I received the lavender version. I love body butters and can’t wait to try this one. Lavender is not really a favourite scent of mine but I think it will be a great product to use before bed to help me relax and unwind.
3. DenTek Floss Picks + Case | Retail: $2.49 for 4 – I think this item is my favourite in this month’s box. It sounds crazy but I love floss. I floss my teeth at least twice a day and always keep floss in my purse. These little picks will make flossing on the go even easier.
4. Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash | Retail: $6.49 for 22 oz – I’m looking forward to trying this body wash since it contains gentle cleansers that develop a rich lather and leave skin soft and smooth. The sample contains 1.8 fl oz.
5. HASK Macadamia Revitalizing Shine Oil | Retail: $2.99 for 5/8 fl oz – This shine oil is meant to revive dull strands and hydrate the hair. While this product sounds wonderful, I have found that oils often weigh down my fine hair, so I will save this item for someone else.
Overall, I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed in the November box. I have always been happy with BB5 but this month’s box wasn’t as exciting. While it did contain a nice assortment of products, they weren’t as exciting as the items in past boxes. Despite this, I’m looking forward to next month’s box and hope that it will be back up to the BB5 standards that I have been impressed with for a long time!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*