Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Peppermint Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares
As soon as the New Year began, I started to miss the family time, festive decorations, and delicious desserts that go along with the holidays. I thought that a peppermint chocolate dessert would be just what I needed to bring back some of that holiday spirit.
Hope you enjoy!
2 tbsp and 1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
4 cups Cocoa Krispies
2 cups marshmallows
1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch (or chop 12 Andes Peppermint Crunch bars into small pieces)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add in marshmallows.
3. Once marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
4. Add in the Cocoa Krispies and mix well.
5. Press into a 9x9 inch pan.
6. Sprinkle with peppermint crunch and lightly press down.
7. Cool before cutting.