Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
These muffins are super easy to make and they are a delicious way to combine oatmeal, apples, and cinnamon. Not to mention, I like to think that they are healthier than the average sugary dessert!
2 2/3 cups oatmeal muffin mix (I used Quaker low fat oatmeal muffin mix)
1 cup water
1 apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces (I used a Gala apple).
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare muffin tins or silicone muffin cups with a light coating of cooking spray (I used heart-shaped silicone muffin cups).
3. In a medium bowl, combine muffin mix, cinnamon, and water. Mix well.
4. Set aside 1/8 cup of chopped apple, and then add the remaining apple to the oatmeal mix. Mix until combined.
5. Spoon mix into muffin tins.
6. Sprinkle the 1/8 cup of chopped apples on top of the muffins before placing them in the oven.
7. Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins