Saturday, February 9, 2013
Valentine’s Day Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Squares
With Valentine’s Day less than a week away, I wanted to create a very festive (yet very quick and easy) dessert. The result: pink white chocolate coated, oreo filled, gooey marshmallowey Rice Krispie squares.
This dessert is a delicious twist on the regular Rice Krispie squares recipe, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
1/4 cup butter
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 Oreo cookies
6 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 cup red chocolate wafers
2 tbsp heart-shaped sprinkles
1. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Chop or break Oreos into small pieces. Pour the cookie pieces into a large bowl and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir to combine.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows.
4. Once marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and add in the cookie/cereal mixture. Mix well.
5. Press mixture into the 9x3 inch prepared pan.
6. Melt the red chocolate wafers in the microwave on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
7. Spread the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispie squares. Before the chocolate cools, pour the heart-shaped sprinkles on top.