Friday, October 17, 2014
September 2014 Beauty Box Five
The September 2014 Beauty Box Five features fall products. The products are meant to help us take care of ourselves and embrace new trends this season.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the September items…
1. Nicka K New York Eyelight Crayon | Retail: $4.49 for 0.056 oz – I love the concept of this smooth shadow stick that gives the lids a pigmented pop of colour. Currently, I’m going through a neutral shadow phase so I will save this pretty purple shadow for a giveaway.
2. Sally Hansen Toe Spacers | Retail: $1.99 for 1 pair – How cute are these pink toe spacers? Us at-home pedicure lovers can never have too many!
3. My Beauty Spot Nail Polish | Retail: $24.99 for a set of six containing 0.4 fl oz each (approx. $4 each) – This shimmery steel grey polish is fast drying and pigmented. While I think the colour is perfect for fall, I have received other polishes in a similar shade from BB5 so I will save this one for a giveaway.
4. Chrislie Formulations 3-in-1 Eye Bright: | Retail: $40 for 0.5 fl oz (sample contains .17 oz) – This serum is meant to be used overnight to make your eye area smoother, brighter, and firmer. It also reduces dark circles. While I’m always a bit hesitant to try new eye creams due to my sensitive eye area, this one sounds promising so I will give it a try.
5. Natural Style by FUBU Deep Conditioner & Co-Wash | Retail: $9.99 for 12 oz – This sulfate and paraben free formula strengthens hair to minimize frizz. It contains shea butter and replenishing oils. I’m looking forward to trying this product as it sounds like the perfect treatment to use on colour treated hair.
Overall, I think the September 2014 box from Beauty Box Five contained a nice assortment of makeup, hair, nail, and skincare products although they may not have as high of a value as those in previous boxes. I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*