The February 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help celebrate the company's third birthday! If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the February items…
1. Avon Big Color Eye Pencil | Retail: $3.49 - This pencil is easy to apply and helps minimize time spent on makeup application. I received the shade Sunkissed which is a beautiful metallic copper colour. I think this would look great on those with blue eyes.
2. GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment | Retail: $69 for 1.7 oz (sample contains 5ml) - The name of this product is so intriguing that I just have to try it even though I rarely try out new skincare products. This treatment can be used as an anti-aging mask and an exfoliant.
3. Absolute New York Absolute Love Lip Balm | Retail: $5 - This subtly tinted balm has a delicious scent, cute packaging, and moisturizing ingredients. It’s a very pretty shade of pink (it looks just like the colour on the tin) that will add the perfect glow to lips.
4. Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel | Retail: $3.99 - This polish looks opaque on the nails with just one coat, and it’s long lasting. I received the shade Stormy Night which is a pretty greyish purple colour with beige undertones.
5. Marks Mineral Eyeshadow in Vanilla Frosting | Retail: $22.50 - This soft, shimmery white shadow is prefect for brightening the eyes. It can also be used as a cheek highlighter.
This month, Beauty Box Five also sent a $20 yourMinerals gift card that can be used towards the purchase of this mineral makeup company’s all-natural shadows, foundations, blushes, and brushes.
Overall, I’m impressed with the February 2015 box from Beauty Box Five. Aside from the skincare sample, all items in the box were full size and, along with the gift card, had a combined value of approximately $55. I enjoyed the selection of colours and will be adding some of these items to my spring makeup bag, especially that pretty lip balm. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for March.