Thursday, October 27, 2016
September 2016 Beauty Box Five
The September 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products that are well loved by the BB5 team with its It’s So Hard Not To Play Favorites / Staff Picks! theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the September items.
1. Simple Skincare Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes | Retail: $5.99 - I’m very excited to receive these cleansing wipes as they have been a staple in my skincare routine for years. I keep them on hand for travelling or if I go to a special event and need something to remove makeup before I cleanse my eyes and face. I have very sensitive skin and do not have any trouble with these soft cloths. The September box also includes a $1 off coupon for this product.
2. Happy Brands Happy Hair Turban | Retail $18 (full size) - As someone who has fine hair that strangely holds a lot of extra water and takes a very long time to blow dry, I’ve always been a fan of hair turbans. I like to wrap my hair in them after a shower while I eat breakfast, apply makeup, brush my teeth, etc. to remove some of the excess water before I start blow drying. This fun pink hair turban dries hair quickly while reducing frizz and breakage.
3. Pur~Lisse Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 | Retail: $55 - Sometimes we forget that sunscreen is just as important in the colder months. I wear sunscreen every day to help prevent premature aging, so I especially love finding moisturizers that contain it to save me an extra step in the morning. This product, which is lightweight and gentle on sensitive complexions, calms, hydrates, and improves skin texture with white tea, soy proteins, and algae extracts. I’m looking forward to trying this one.
4. Be A Bombshell Smooth Criminal HD Finishing Powder | Retail: $7 (full size) - This velvety translucent powder can set foundation, mattify skin, and smooth the complexion. Although I do not wear foundation, I’m interested to see if this will minimize the appearance of pores on bare skin.
5. Go Smile Teeth Whitening Gel | Retail: $29 - I’ve tried many whitening products in the past but they all seem to irritate my sensitive gums. I’m hoping this one will be different. It’s really easy to use since you just need to add a bit of it to your toothbrush along with your regular toothpaste and brush as usual. This is much more convenient than whitening strips or trays.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the September 2016 Beauty Box Five. Although it only contains two full size items, the hair turban alone more than pays for the box.
I like how the items over the past few months have included products that help bring out natural beauty. This has been a big focus for me lately because I only have time to curl my lashes and apply blush and lip stain before I leave for work. Improving the condition of your skin, your hair, and even your smile make a big difference in your appearance, especially when you’re wearing minimal makeup. I’m interested to see the types of products that come in the rest of the 2016 boxes, and I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for October.