Saturday, November 19, 2016
October 2016 Beauty Box Five
The October 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us look great while feeling powerful with its Girl Boss theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the October items.
1. Real Her Moisturizing Lipstick | Retail: $18 (full size) - This lipstick keeps lips hydrated so they won’t become dry or cracked. I received the shade I Am Powerful which looks like a pigmented deep red.
2. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil | Retail: $18 (full size) - This highlighter pencil can be used to brighten the eyes, sculpt brows, and accentuate the cupid’s bow. I like how the pencil format creates little mess and is great for travelling.
3. Colour Me Femme Red | Retail: $10 - This month’s box includes one of two versions of this fragrance: Femme Gold and Red. I received the red which smells floral and spicy. I think the Gold would be more my style with its notes of fruit and citrus since fruity fragrances are my favourite. That said, I will give the Red a try as it may be great for late fall and winter.
4. Amlactin ULTRA Hydrating Body Cream | Retail: $2.99 (full size) - This body cream exfoliates and is clinically proven to deeply hydrate while smoothing rough, dry, bumpy skin. It can even help dry skin associated with Keratosis Pilaris. It sounds like the perfect cream to have on hand for winter, especially for dry hands, knees, and elbows.
5. Emery + Ivory Custom Nail Appliques | Retail: $12.99 (full size) - For me, it’s always exciting to receive a nail product. These custom nail appliqués come with a mini file and orange stick for easy application. The set I received features a white and grey marbled pattern with pink and gold accents that reminds me a lot of winter.
Overall, I would say that this is another great month for Beauty Box Five. The October box includes four full-size items that retail for approximately $52, which is comparable to the price of four boxes.
I like how the items this month cover multiple beauty categories, including fragrance, makeup, nail products, and skincare. It’s been a few months since we have received more than one makeup item or a nail item, so I’m happy that this month’s box includes both. I’m looking forward to seeing what Beauty Box Five has in store for November.