Sunday, January 12, 2014
Beauty Box Five Review (December 2013)
For months I have been looking for a new beauty sample subscription box to try. I cancelled the ones that I was subscribed to because they started only sending skincare samples and no makeup or nail polish. Thankfully, Beauty Box Five came to my rescue in December by sending a box filled with samples from many categories (skincare, bodycare, makeup, and more).
Beauty Box Five sends its members five samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
When my box arrived in the mail, the first thing that I noticed was the packaging. The little teal coloured cardboard box is so cute and compact. I imagine that it is more environmentally friendly than the larger boxes and envelopes that some subscription services use.
I was also very impressed by the large number of brands that Beauty Box Five works with (see them all HERE). Some of my favourites include Becca, Aveeno, Blinc, Makeup Geek, and NU.Me.
Now let’s talk about the December items…
1. NYX Cosmetics Love in Rio Eyeshadow Palette – This first item is a full size eyeshadow palette that retails for $6. The beautiful, jewel-toned colours are perfect for winter. The light, shimmery shade on the far right is my favourite.
2. Body Drench Daily Moisturizing Lotion – This Hemp lotion is perfect for rehydrating skin during the dry winter months. The product is very light, yet moisturizing and it has a refreshing cucumber-like scent. The sample contains 2 fl oz (full size is 16.9 fl oz for $8.99).
3. Ofra Cosmetics Sultry Lipgloss Plumper – This lipgloss is another pretty colour for the season and it will complement the NYX eyeshadow trio that came in the box.The tube does not indicate how much product it contains, but it is a generous size. The full size features 0.34 oz of product and retails for $12.95.
4. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer – This cleanser is the only product in the box that I will likely not use and that is only because my skin is very sensitive so I do not like trying new skincare lines. This product has a light, citrusy scent and a gel-like consistency that is said to moisturize without clogging pores. The sample contains 0.5 oz. The full size contains 3 oz and retails for $6.99.
5. Every Beauty Flexible Foot Smoother – The last product is an exfoliating scrubber for feet, elbows, and knees. This product is also perfect for the season since the harsh, cold air can leave skin flaky and rough. I often do my own pedicures at home so this product will really come in handy. This item is full size and retails for $4.99.
Overall, I am very impressed with the December box from Beauty Box Five. The two full size products pay for the box, and the assortment of unique items made this box exciting to open. I’m looking forward to trying everything.
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*