Friday, June 13, 2014
April 2014 Beauty Box Five
The April 2014 Beauty Box Five features products that are ideal for creating a breezy spring look.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the April items…
1. Blum Naturals All Purpose Cleansing Wipes – These aloe-vera infused mini wipes are hypo-allergenic, cruelty free and paraben free. While these wipes are perfect for correcting makeup mistakes on the go, I think I would use them most for wiping my hands before eating at a restaurant. This incredibly cute container of wipes is full size and retails for $2.49 (30 wipes).
2. Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer – This self tanning lotion gives a streak-free subtle tan. I’m always willing to try the latest in UV free tan products, so I’m looking forward to trying this product. The three sample packages each come with 0.28 oz of product and the full size contains 4 oz and retails for $9.99.
3. BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Palette – This cute little palette contains a gold, a copper, and a purple shadow—a perfect combination for creating a bronzy spring/summer eye look with a pretty pop of colour. The full size palette comes with 16 eyeshadows and 4 face powders and retails for $18.95.
4. Nicka K New York Hydro Lipstick – This long lasting lipstick delivers pigmented colour that’s hydrating and paraben free. I received the shade Begonia which is a red with pink undertones. Since I don’t wear lipstick, I will save this pretty shade for my next giveaway. This full size lipstick contains 0.12 oz and retails for $4.99.
4. Bonne Bell Lip Definer – Apple Cider is a reddish pink shade of lip liner that complements the lipstick that came in this month’s box. This is also a full size product and it retails for $3.95.
Overall, I enjoyed the April 2014 box from Beauty Box Five and was very impressed that three of the five items were full size. My favourite item was the All Purpose cleansing wipes and I’m looking forward to trying out the self-tanner. To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*