Monday, June 2, 2014
March 2014 Beauty Box Five
The March 2014 Beauty Box Five features products that will help inspire us to break bad beauty habits and achieve beautiful skin.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the March items…
1. Jane’s Pick All Natural Soap – This handmade soap is all natural and is infused with herbs and flowers. BB5 also recommends using this soap as a shaving cream. I love to try different shower/body products so I look forward to trying this soap. The full size bar contains 5 oz of product and retails for $8.00. The sample is a bit smaller.
2. Tree Hut Shea Body Butter – Since one of my priorities is taking the best possible care of my skin, I moisturize all my skin every day. As a result, I go through body lotions very quickly, and I love trying out new ones. This paraben-free lotion is anti-aging and uses cocoa and organic shea butter to deep condition the skin. It is thick and moisturizing and has a fresh scent that’s very appropriate for the season. This sample contains 2 oz of product. The full size contains 7 oz and retails for $7.49.
3. H2O Plus Hand & Nail Cream – Every night before bed, I apply a hand cream so that I can wake up with soft, moisturized hands. I prefer to apply hand cream at night because I don’t like the palms of my hands to feel greasy during the day. This cream from H2O is non-greasy so I can moisturize my hands during the day now too. It adds moisture to the skin with silk proteins, marine botanicals, and Vitamin E. This sample contains 1 oz. The full size contains 6 oz and retails for $15.
4. Swissco Dual-sided Facial Pad – This product is my favourite item from the March box. I have been using it for a few days now and my skin feels so much smoother. For my skin, it works much better than an exfoliating gel and I’m able to use it with my regular facial cleanser. This facial pad (which is reusable) is also a lot more affordable than most exfoliating gels since it retails for only $2.
5. Bellapierre Cosmetics Makeup Base – This last item can be used as a concealer, an illuminator, and an eyeshadow primer. Since I’m always on the search for a good undereye concealer and eyeshadow primer, I’m looking forward to trying out this product. In the pan, it does look a bit dark for my skin so I will pass it on to my mom if it doesn’t work for me. This is also a full size product and it retails for $18.99 for 0.29 oz.
Overall, I am very impressed with the March 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. Normally I do not enjoy beauty boxes that feature skincare items because most items are for the face and I cannot use them due to my sensitive skin. However, I love trying out different bodycare items so I know that I will get use out of every product in the March box.
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*