Friday, June 27, 2014
June 2014 Beauty Box Five
The June 2014 Beauty Box Five features products that are ideal for looking effortlessly summer chic.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the June items…
1. Nicka K New York Nail Color – This juicy red colour in the shade Ripe Apple provides chip-free long wearing coverage. Plus, the polish is free of formaldehyde. I think that this colour is beautiful and vibrant for summer months and it will really compliment a nautical-themed outfit. In fact, I like the colour so much that I already have similar shades in my collection, so I will save this bottle for a giveaway. This is a full size item (0.5 fl oz) that retails for $4.99.
2. Glam Natural Mascara – This next item is perfect for mascara lovers like me who have very sensitive eyes. It’s hypoallergenic, vegan, and paraben and gluten free. I can’t wait to try this! The full size version of this sample contains 0.25 oz and retails for $28.
3. Organix Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner – On a hot summer day, there’s nothing that I enjoy more than a cold glass of coconut water. It’s so hydrating and refreshing! No wonder I can’t wait to try this hair care duo that’s sulfate-free to protect hair colour. The full size (13 oz) retails for $7.99.
4. Vita Bath Body Wash – This deliciously scented Wild Red Cherry body wash contains antioxidants and is free of silicone, mineral oils, and propylene glycol. The sample contains 2 oz, and the full size contains 12 oz and retails for $7.95.
5. Eslor Introductory Collection Calming Kit – This skincare kit includes a soothing refiner & cleanser, a replenishing scrub, a comforting mask, and a soothing cream. All items are paraben-free. I’m most looking forward to trying the scrub and mask. Full size versions retail between $28 and $65.
Overall, I am very impressed with the June 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. I really enjoyed the assortment of skincare, hair care, body care, nail polish, and makeup products that were sent this month. This box makes me think of summer and its iconic beauty trends (red lips, long black lashes, shiny hair, and smooth skin). I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*