Monday, June 6, 2016
Thai Mango Coconut Vegetables with Rice
Today, I’m sharing one of my favourite spring/summer dishes. It’s light, healthy, easy to make, and includes one of my favourite fruits: mango.
This dish is customizable since you can add any ingredients that you like. I used white mushrooms, baby corn, zucchini, carrots, and mango. For some added protein, you could also add chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
The sauce that I used is the President’s Choice Thai Mango Coconut Cooking Sauce. I really like this sauce’s balance between sweet and spicy, but you can use any thai sauce that you can find.
Look at how bright and colourful the vegetables are!
And here’s how everything looks with the sauce.
I like to eat the vegetables served over a bed of rice and topped with shredded coconut.
1 package white mushrooms
1 can baby corn
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 400ml jar mango coconut cooking sauce
pinch of shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
rice, noodles, or lettuce of your choice for serving
1. Cut vegetables into small pieces.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add mushrooms, zucchini, and shredded carrots. Cook until tender (about 5-7 minutes). If you need a bit of moisture in the pan, add about 1tbsp of water.
3. Add baby corn and mango to the pan and cook until heated (about 3 minutes).
3. Add cooking sauce to the pan and mix well to combine. Once the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat.
4. Serve over cooked rice, noodles, or lettuce of your choice.
5. Garnish with shredded coconut.