Friday, June 3, 2016
April 2016 Beauty Box Five
The April 2016 Beauty Box Five* keeps skin healthy this spring with its Take a Hydration Vacation theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the April items.
1. Maskeraide All Eyes On Me Hydrating Eye Gel Patches | Retail: $25 - These gel patches hydrate, brighten, and firm while minimizing the effects of spring allergies on the eye area by depuffing and smoothing out fine lines. I can’t wait to try this product since I have been a fan of Maskeraide products for years. Click HERE to see my review of six different Maskeraide face masks.
2. Jelly Pong Pong Paradise Pigments | Retail: $19.95 (full size) - This product moisturizes while adding bold pops of colour to cheeks and lips. I received the shade Fig Jam which is a bright fuchsia. I’m especially impressed with the packaging that features a sleek glass pot and a white lid with ice cream sundae designs.
3. Chella Passionate Pink Moisturizing Lip Pencil | Retail: $18 (full size) - This rich pink pencil provides long-lasting colour and kissable hydration. It looks like a fun shade for spring and summer and it’s the perfect size to throw in your purse or travel bag.
4. Global Beauty Care Green Tea Makeup Remover Wipes | Retail: $1.99 (full size) - These wipes not only remove makeup (and waterproof eyeliner!), they also tone and improve the look of wrinkles and dryness. I will be packing these next time I travel. They will be perfect for out-of-town summer weddings.
5. Soapbox Sea Minerals Body Wash | Retail: $5.99 - This product soothes skin with aloe vera, shea butter, and sea minerals. Also, for every Soapbox product sold, a bar of soap is given to a person in need.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the April 2016 Beauty Box Five. It includes an exciting combination of products that are hydrating and travel-friendly, as well as a nice balance of skincare and makeup items. It’s also a great value since the three full size items retail for almost $40 combined. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for May!