Sunday, September 18, 2016
August 2016 Beauty Box Five
The August 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products for an at home spa experience with its Pampering in Progress / Spa Day theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the August items.
1. Nika Facial Exfoliating Brush | Retail: $17 (full size) - This is my first time seeing a product like this. It’s a cleansing brush that gently exfoliates with its densely-packed bristles. I’m amazed by how incredibly soft the brush is and can’t wait to try it.
2. Global Beauty Care Retinol Spa Treatment Mask | Retail: $7.50 (full size) - This mask features retinol to reduce expression lines and wrinkles while boosting cell renewal. This product sounds amazing, but I’m hoping it won’t be too harsh for my sensitive skin.
3. Olive Natural Beauty Elixir | Retail: $36 - This all-natural essential oil blend is like a daily vitamin for your skin. I’m looking forward to using this on my face and cuticles.
4. VO5 Hot Oil Therapy Treatment | Retail: $2.59 (full size) - Oil treatments are amazing for the hair as they restore shine and smoothness depleted by over-processing and heat styling. I have found that they are too heavy for my fine hair though, so I will save this for a friend.
5. Did. Hair Spa Day Hair Ties | Retail : $6.50 (full size) - I’ve received similar products from this brand in past beauty boxes and I really enjoy them. They are cute and prevent the hair from creasing or denting even after eight hours in a ponytail.
As an added bonus for the hair, Beauty Box Five included a hair spray from Rave in this month’s box. It’s unscented and meant to stand up to humidity—just what I need this summer!
Overall, I really enjoyed the August 2016 Beauty Box Five. It contains a nice assortment of innovative and practical items and is a good value with its four full-size items.
I’ve noticed that over the past few months, there have been fewer makeup products in the boxes. I’ve enjoyed this as it has given me a chance to focus on skin and hair. Plus, this summer has been so hot that it hasn’t been worth it to go through the trouble of applying makeup only for it to melt away. I think that come fall I will be ready to try some new makeup, so I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for September.