Sunday, September 18, 2016
July 2016 Beauty Box Five
The July 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us look beautiful while exploring the summer landscape with its Will Brake for Makeup / Road Trip Ready theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the July items.
1. Sweep Rose Gold Tweezers | Retail: $14 (full size) - I don’t think I’ve seen a pair of tweezers prettier than these rose gold beauties. They’re very good at catching those thin eyebrow hairs. As a sweet gift, this box also included a matching mirror that’s perfect for on-the-go touch-ups.
2. Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color Pencil | Retail: $18 (full size) - This brow pencil has a super fine tip for a natural yet precise look. While I do not use products on my brows since they are naturally dark and still fairly full, I think this product will be useful for many since it will match a range of different brow colours.
3. Hikari Cosmetics Eye Shadow | Retail: $13 (full size) - This shadow is highly pigmented and buildable. I received the shade Haze which is a beautiful antique bronze colour. The photo really doesn’t do it justice.
4. Beauty Box 5 Round Blending Brush | Retail: $10 (full size) - This soft brush is perfect for applying a light wash of colour to the lid, adding a highlight to the brow bone, or blending out a crease colour.
5. Skinny Tan Mini Mitt | Retail: $4.95 (full size) - How cute is this little tanning mitt? I love its velvety texture and think it would be perfect for applying self-tanner to the face.
Overall, I would say that the July Beauty Box Five is a success. It includes a range of different products for enhancing the eyes, brows, and complexion. Not to mention, every single product in this month’s box is full size, so the retail value is approximately $60. That’s equivalent to the cost of five boxes! I’m looking forward to seeing what Beauty Box Five has in store for August.
Labels: beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, beauty reviews, beauty subscription, Canadian beauty blog, canadian subscription box, july 2016, july 2016 beauty box 5, july beauty box five, subscription box reviews