Sunday, September 18, 2016
June 2016 Beauty Box Five
The June 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us get the most out of our summer beauty routine with its Made in the Shade theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the June items.
1. Pur-lisse Blue Lotus Treatment Sheet Mask | Retail: $8 (full size) - This natural fibre mask is infused with Blue Lotus and restorative Asian botanicals to improve skin’s texture and promote a healthy complexion. As someone who doesn’t get a lot of sleep, I’m hoping that this will rejuvenate my tired skin and make me look more awake.
2. Manna Kadar Radiance Bronzer & Highlighter | Retail: $24 (full size) - This pigmented, 2-in-1 product has a velvety texture for smooth application and a flawless finish. While these colours are beautiful, I think they may be a bit dark for my pale complexion, so I will pass this product on to someone that it is better suited for.
3. Versaspa Gradual Tanning Face Moisturizer | Retail: $35 - This product not only creates a beautiful tan, but it also hydrates skin and blurs fine lines. I think that for the face, gradual tanning is a great option for a natural, bronzed look, so I can’t wait to try this product.
4. Prestige Cosmetics Brow & Lash Brush | Retail: $3.25 (full size) - This product tames unruly brows and separates lashes. It’s a great basic for any makeup bag. I like to use this to brush through my lashes after I get out of the shower to keep them looking fluttery.
5. Sweep Oval Contour & Highlight Brush | Retail: $15 (full size) - The goal of this brush is to apply highlighter and bronzer easily and precisely. It’s also great for blending and shading. I’ve never tried a brush like this, but I’m really looking forward to it since the bristles feel so soft and luxurious.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the June 2016 Beauty Box Five. It includes some great products that help enhance natural beauty and minimize the need for lots of makeup during the hot summer months. It’s also a great value with four full-size products. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for July.