Tuesday, February 14, 2017
January 2017 Beauty Box 5
The January 2017 Beauty Box 5* features products to help us get red carpet ready.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box 5, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic items each month. Boxes, which are always worth at least $35, include mostly full size products with occasional deluxe samples. Subscriptions start at $12 per month, and shipping is free to the US or $3 to Canada.
Now let’s talk about the January items.
1. Pur~lisse Pur~delicate Soy Milk Cleanser | Retail: $36 (deluxe sample) - This product uses soy milk, soy proteins, whole oat, and white tea to cleanse skin without irritating it. I have received a few samples from this brand over the last few years and really enjoy it since it is good for sensitive skin like mine, so I look forward to trying out this cleanser.
2. Maskeraide Spotted Anti-blemish Clear Spot Patches | Retail: $7 (full size) - These little patches target blemishes by absorbing excess oil and calming redness with a combination of salicylic acid volcanic ash, and tea tree oil. I have always enjoyed Maskeraide products and have high hopes for this one.
3. So Susan Light Diffuser | Retail: $18 (full size) - This highlighter/bronzer duo is the perfect little item to travel with. It also has beautiful packaging and a cocoa and coconut scent. What a nice treat this month!
4. Nanacoco Classic Collection Nail Polish | Retail: $3.95 (full size) - I received this polish in the shade My Guy. I had a difficult time capturing the colour accurately with my camera, but it’s a deep, creamy grey shade with a hint of blue. It’s the perfect classy yet chic colour for winter.
5. Novex Bamboo Sprout Leave In Conditioner | Retail: $4.99 (full size) - This leave-in-conditioner nourishes hair and leaves it looking glossy with its bamboo-sprout formula. I really like the scent of this. It smells like mix between a cucumber body lotion and sunscreen. I’m a bit hesitant to try it since it’s quite thick and my hair is very flat and thin, so I may pass it on to one of my friends who has thicker hair.
Overall, I think the January 2017 Beauty Box 5 is an impressive first box of the year. It contains four full size items and one very generous sample from a variety of different beauty categories. One change to the subscription that began this month is the $3 shipping charge to Canada. While it’s a bit disappointing that shipping is no longer free, I do appreciate that the cost is quite low compared to some subscription boxes that charge $10 or more to ship to Canada. Aside from this change, Beauty Box 5 has also indicated on its website that boxes will have a value of at least $35 per month, which is a generous promise to its subscribers considering that the boxes are only $12.
I’m excited to see what else Beauty Box 5 has in store for 2017 and can’t wait to receive the February box.