Thursday, March 9, 2017
February 2017 Beauty Box 5 (BB5)
The February 2017 Beauty Box 5 (BB5)* features a lip kit.
BB5 is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic items each month. Boxes, which are always worth at least $35, include mostly full size products with occasional deluxe samples. Subscriptions start at $12 per month, and shipping is free to the US or $3 to Canada.
Now let’s talk about the February items.
1. Tint Beauty Unicorn Lippie | Retail: $9 (full size) - This matte liquid lip product is ultra-pigmented and long lasting. I received the shade Make Believe which is a versatile nude pink. Aside from the beautiful colour, I really love the professional-looking packaging.
2. Tint Beauty Unicorn Liner | Retail: $7 (full size) - To go along with the lippie is the matching lip liner, also in Make Believe. This creamy crayon provides staying power and dimension when used with the lippe. I think including two products that are meant to work together is a nice touch for this month’s box.
3. Style Essentials Lip Glow | Retail: $4 (full size) - This balm gives lips shine, a light tint, and hydration. I received the shade Blush, a pretty baby pink with iridescent shimmer. It also has a deliciously sweet scent that reminds me of Gummy Bears. I will be keeping this in my purse to use often.
4. So Susan Colour Hybrid | Retail: $17.50 (full size) - This cream-mousse pigment is meant to be used on cheeks and lips and work with every skin tone. I received a wearable red shade called Marsala. It can dry fairly quickly, so be sure to blend. This product also has a nice cherry/floral scent that’s not overpowering.
5. Jean Pierre Cosmetics Pink Moisturizing Lip Mask | Retail: $5 for a set of 5 (deluxe sample) - This lip mask repairs dryness with collagen, vitamins, and minerals. I have never tried a lip mask before, so I’m really looking forward to using this. I’m also very intrigued by its shimmery pink colour and am eager to see how it will look while it’s on the lips.
Overall, I think the February 2017 BB5 is very impressive. It contains four full size items and one deluxe sample that retail for just under $40 which is more than the cost of three boxes. Although this month’s box has a lip theme, all the products are very different, so there is still a great variety of items and something for everyone. Not to mention, the shades are wearable and complementary for many skin tones. All brands are new to me, and I’m happy to have the opportunity to try them.
I’m excited to see what BB5 has in store for March!
Labels: bb5, beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, Canadian beauty blog, Canadian beauty blogger, canadian subscription box, february bb5, february beauty box 5, february february 2017, review, suscription box