Wednesday, August 5, 2015
July 2015 Beauty Box Five
The July 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help keep us looking cool during the hottest month of the summer. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the July items...
1. Love Life Skin Intensive Recovery Serum and Restorative Night Cream | Retail: $25-$30 for 1-1.7 oz - This skincare line's ultra-soothing formulas give the skin a healthy glow. I think these products look very exciting, especially since they are made for sensitive skin. I only wish that the samples contained more product. I don’t think there’s enough in them for me to determine if I really like the products.
2. Pur~lisse Flash Tattoos | Retail: $9 - These fun tattoos can add sparkly accents to wrists, arms, ankles, etc. for special summer evenings. While I love the concept, temporary tattoos are not really my style, so I will be passing them on to someone who will enjoy them.
3. Nanacoco Nail Polish | Retail: $3 for 0.5 oz - I received this fast-drying polish in the shade Dazzle Purple. Although it looks a lot more red in the photo, it’s a beautiful berry pink shade that will be perfect for fall.
4. OFRA Lip Gloss | Retail: $12.95 for 8g - I received this dazzling gloss in the shade Golden Rose which is a beautiful shimmery pink shade that I think will look great with most skin tones. It also has a deliciously sweet scent.
5. OFRA Lip Liner | Retail: $13 - To go along with the gloss is this lip liner pencil in the shade Glacier Pink which is a metallic mauve shade. I like that the two lip products were sent in colours that complement one another and can be worn together if desired.
Overall, I really enjoyed the assortment of products that were sent this month and was happy to receive products tailored to my skin type and in shades that I prefer. The value of the box was also impressive since just the lipgloss alone covers the monthly subscription fee. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for August.
Labels: beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, canadian, Canadian beauty blogger, haul, july, july 2015, july beauty box 5, july beauty box five, love life skin, nanacoco, ofra, pur-lisse, review, subscription