Wednesday, September 30, 2015
September 2015 Beauty Box Five
The September 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us try the latest beauty trends while still staying true to our own style. Metallic and rosy hues help us transition from summer to fall. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the September items.
1. Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Snowflake | Retail: $19.99 - This creamy white highlighting powder is perfect for adding a bit of glimmer to eyelids and cheekbones.
2. Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Lip + Cheek Stain | Retail: $22.99 for 0.35 oz - This rosy lip and cheek stain looks a lot like Benetint. I like how it’s small enough to carry in my purse, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it compares to Benetint.
3. Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Crayon | Retail: $14 - This eye crayon can be smudged for a smoky eye look. While the photo above makes the crayon look reddish, it’s actually a pretty golden bronze shade that’s very versatile and on trend for fall.
4. Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Gentle Clarifying Treatment | Retail $10 for $13.3 oz - This clarifying shampoo cleanses hair, leaving it shiny and weightless. Not to mention, it smells delicious like a slice of lemon pie.
5. Harvey Prince Sincerely Mini Roller | Retail: $21 - This fragrance from Harvey Prince contains notes of cedar wood, freesia, and orange flower. Although this scent is a bit strong for me, it’s very energizing and the product is the perfect size for travel.
Overall, I was very impressed by this month’s box. It contains a range of unique, on-trend products that are perfect for fall, and the overall value of the box more than covers the subscription fee. The fragrance, shimmer powder, and eye crayon are all full size products and value at close to $55 combined. This is the second month in a row that Beauty Box Five really impressed me (see the August box HERE). I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for October (my favourite month of the year).
Labels: autumn, beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, Canadian beauty blogger, fall, fall trends, haul, review, september, september 2015, september 2015 beauty box five, september beauty box five, subscription