Wednesday, September 16, 2015
August 2015 Beauty Box Five
The August 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to add to our regular beauty routines. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the August items...
1. Donnamax Printed Nail File with Case | Retail: $4.99 - I love nail files, and I’m happy to add this retro inspired one to my collection. The case is a nice touch since it will protect everything else in my purse from being scratched and will keep the file in good shape (no pun intended!).
2. Hask Beauty Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment | Retail: $2.39 for 1.75 oz - This macadamia oil deep conditioning treatment moisturizes, revitalizes, and repairs dry, damaged hair. Normally, I avoid deep conditioners since my hair is so fine, but I may save this one to use during those dry winter months that will be here before we know it.
3. Pur~lisse Pur~Moist Hydra-Balance Moisturizer | Retail: $55 for 1.7 oz - This moisturizer is anti-aging and is gentle on sensitive skin with its formula containing plant extracts and Vitamin E. Although the full size version seems fairly expensive, I will try this out since I have sensitive skin.
4. Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen in Plum | Retail: $19.99 - Beauty Box Five teamed up with Starlooks this month to create this waterproof liner in a pretty plum shade. I think that plum was a perfect shade choice since it complements most eye colours.
5. Jerome Alexander Hot Stuff Go Pop Compact | Retail: $10.99 - I love the cute packaging of this compact that features shadows and glosses in pretty pink, peach, and purple shades. Since I love these shades so much, I already have many similar ones in my collection, so I will hold a giveaway on my blog for this compact. Look out for that soon!
Overall, I think this was a great month for Beauty Box Five. The assortment of products was very impressive and the value of the eyeliner alone more than covers the cost of the box. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for September.
Labels: august 2015 beauty box five, august beauty box 5, august beauty box five, beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, beauty subscription, Canadian beauty blogger, canadian beauty subscription, haul, review