Thursday, December 31, 2015
December 2015 Beauty Box Five
The December 2015 Beauty Box Five* includes products for creating a smoky eye makeup look for the holidays. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the December items.
1. The Beauty Crop Glamazon Stick | Retail: $22 - This soft highlighting crayon adds a golden glow to cheeks, brow bone, waterline, or lids. I like how the crayon is very portable and easy to apply precisely to areas like the cupid’s bow or inner corners of the eyes.
2. OFRA Shimmer Eye Shadow | Retail: $13.50 - I received this shadow in a shimmery slate grey shade. It’s very pretty and perfect for adding depth to a smoky eye look.
3. Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity Eyeliner | Retail: $5.95 - This creamy, pigmented pencil provides an intense black line that can be smudged for an even smokier effect.
4. So Fresh So Clean Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes | Retail: $2.99 - These quilted wipes are perfect for removing that smoky eye at the end of a long night of holiday parties. They remove makeup quickly and are hypoallergenic for sensitive skin and eyes. They also won’t leave an oily residue behind. I think this product is perfect for travel or to keep on your nightstand for late nights.
5. Beauty Box 5 Blender Brush | Retail: $10 - Beauty Box Five has created this custom brush for flawless eyeshadow application. It even features an important makeup proverb on the handle which isn’t visible in the picture. It says Just keep blending! I think it’s great that Beauty Box Five is branching out and creating its own products.
Overall, I think that the December box is very impressive because it includes products that are very useful for many people during the holiday season, for special occasions, and even on a daily basis. This month’s box is also a great value. All five items are full size and have a combined retail value of approximately $55 which more than pays for the cost of the box.
As this is my last Beauty Box Five post for 2015, I think it’s fair to say that this was a strong year for the company. The majority of this year’s boxes were very impressive and introduced us to many new and exciting beauty products from established and emerging companies. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for 2016!
Labels: bb5, beauty box, beauty box 5, beauty box five, Canadian beauty blogger, canadian beauty subscription, december, december beauty box five, december 2015, December beauty box 5, haul, review, subscription