Saturday, December 12, 2015
Best Banana Bread Recipe - Moist and Delicious!
Over the years, I have tried many banana bread recipes. Some came out too dry, some overcooked, and some were good but I always knew that there was something better out there. With a little experimenting, I found the perfect combination of ingredients that results in a delicious, moist banana bread every time.
Aside from measuring all of the ingredients properly and baking the bread for the correct amount of time, one key factor in the success of this bread is not to overfill the pan before baking. I made multiple test breads and at least half overflowed in the oven, leaving me with a mess to clean up.
This bread rises quite a bit, so only fill the pan about 3/4 of the way full (see the photo below), any more and it will spill over the sides of the pan within the first 20 minutes of baking. If you have any extra batter, pour it into a muffin tin and bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. They turn out just as well as the bread and you can start eating them before the bread is done.
Once the bread has finished baking, it will be a beautiful shade of golden brown—crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. I hope you enjoy the recipe below. If you try it out, let me know how you like it.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and egg using an electric mixer (or a hand mixer). Add the banana, greek yogurt, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
****Do not fill your pan more than 3/4 of the way or it will overflow during baking. Pour any extra batter into a muffin pan and bake muffins for 20 minutes or until golden brown****
Labels: banana bread, best banana bread recipe, breakfast, canadian, dessert, diy banana bread, easy banana bread, easy recipe, food, food blogger, homemade, loaf, moist banana bread recipe, recipe, recipes, snack, yogurt