Thursday, December 17, 2015
October 2015 Beauty Box Five
The October 2015 Beauty Box Five* is filled with pretty pink items for a much needed pink-me-up around this busy time of year. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the October items.
1. Happy Hands HappyFace Makeup Cleansing Cloth | Retail: $3.99 - This little pink cloth removes all makeup with just water. It’s also machine washable and gentle on skin. This would be a great item to pack in a travel bag.
2. Knotty Hair Ties | Retail: $4 - These cute pink ties perfect a ponytail without causing snags, breakage, or dents.
3. Nubar Nail Polish Mini | Retail: $4.99 - This pretty pink polish shade was customized in honour of the month of October. After all, it’s called Pinktober! I think this is a beautiful creamy pink shade that will work well on many different skin tones and will complement any outfit. Not to mention, Nubar polishes are 3-free which means they are free of harsh chemicals such as formaldehyde, phthalate, and toluene.
4. Ferro Cosmetics Pink Rhinestone Kabuki Brush | Retail: $25 - I can’t even explain how soft this brush is. It feels like velvet and it’s great for buffing powder products onto the skin. It’s also incredibly cute and compact enough serve as an ideal travel companion.
5. Styli-Style Perfect Pout Long Lasting Balm Stick | Retail: $4.99 - This pigmented balm is perfect for us gals who have a fear of lipstick but still want a little pop of colour. I received the shade Bold Berry which is a pretty mauve colour. I also like how the balm is slender and easy to apply without a mirror.
Overall, I was very impressed by the October box. I think it is one of my favourites of 2015. In addition to its great value (the brush itself covers the cost of two boxes), the products are very versatile and travel-friendly. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for November.