Wednesday, April 12, 2017
March 2017 Beauty Box 5 (BB5)
The March 2017 Beauty Box 5 (BB5)* features products to keep our lashes and looking fresh for spring with its Be Dramatic / Lash Bash theme.
BB5 is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Boxes, which are always worth at least $35, include mostly full size products with occasional deluxe samples. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free to the US or $3 to Canada.
Now let’s talk about the March items.
1. Sweep Lash Helper | Retail: $9.99 (full size) - This innovative tool helps you perfectly place false lashes on your lash line. I can’t wait to try this since I have never had success applying false lashes with my fingers or tweezers.
2. Manna Kadar Lash Primer | Retail: $24 (deluxe sample) - This lash extending primer allows you to get long, thick lashes without falsies. It applies as a clear base coat and the formula infuses lashes with proteins and hydration to prevent mascara from flaking. It’s been quite a while since I used a lash primer, so I’m looking forward to trying this one to see how it compares to using mascara on its own.
3. Sweep Lashes | Retail: $15 (full size) - This set includes five pairs of dark, fluttery lashes. These will be great for a night out.
4. Bellapierre Cosmetics Cosmetic Glitter | Retail: $15 (full size) - I received this glitter in the shade Copper which is a rose gold shade with a bit of orange. I have cool toned skin, so I don’t know how good this will look on me, but it could be fun to wear to a party. It can be applied dry or with a mixing medium to skin, eyelids, hair, lips, and even bubble bath. I love the idea of adding a bit of sparkle to hair for a beach day when the glitters will catch the sunlight.
5. Prestige Cosmetics True Metals Eyeshadow | Retail: $9.75 (full size) - This pretty gold shadow is in the shade Gilded.It gives a metallic, foiled look when applied either wet or dry. I love the little hexagon pattern on the shadow’s surface, and I think this shade will be beautiful for summer.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the March 2017 BB5. This is the second month in a row that featured a themed box (February’s was lips - see it HERE), and I’m really enjoying receiving boxes with a group of complimentary products. Even if false lashes are not your thing, the lash primer, glitter, and shadow will be great products to add to your collection. Like last month, the March box includes four full size items and one deluxe sample that retail for close to $40. This is more than the cost of three boxes and a great value.
I’m excited to see what BB5 has in store for April and if the company will continue sending themed boxes.