Monday, August 18, 2014
August 2014 Beauty Box Five
The August 2014 Beauty Box Five features products to help us transition from summer to fall. The products are meant to provide beaming skin, dazzling lips, and lustrous locks to keep us glowing through the changing seasons.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the August items…
1. La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes | Retail: $19.99 for 48 packets – I could have used these on my last weekend trip. I forgot to bring makeup wipes so I had to miss out on wearing mascara. My lashes were sad. On a happy note, these wipes are oil free and safe for sensitive skin. The sample package contains 8 wipes and the package is nice and compact for travel purposes.
2. Pur-lisse Pur-protect SPF 30 | Retail: $55 for 1.7 oz – This sounds like my type of moisturizer with its lightweight formula, SPF 30, and gentle ingredients for sensitive skin. The sample contains .5 oz/15 ml.
3. Novex Brazilian Keratin | Retail: $19.50 for 2lbs – This conditioning treatment sounds like the perfect solution for summer hair that needs help recovering from chlorine, sun, and wind damage. BB5 recommends applying it on freshly washed hair and leaving it on for 25 minutes. The sample package contains 30 g / 1.05 oz.
4. Style Essentials Nail Polish | Retail: $7 for nail polish collection – I couldn’t find much about this product online. I think the retail price is for more than one bottle of polish. The bottle seems small and contains 7 ml of product. The shade is a black with silvery glitter.
5. Nanacoco Lip Gloss | Retail $3.99 – I’m surprized by the low price tag on this item. The packaging looks very sleek and expensive. I received a pretty shimmery hot pink shade called Popular. It looks a lot like a Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip gloss that I used to love in the shade Kanani. Aside from containing good ingredients like Vitamin E, this lip gloss adds shine to the lips without stickiness. It sounds like an affordable yet high quality product.
Overall, I think the August 2014 box from Beauty Box Five contained a nice assortment of products although they may not have as high of a value as those in previous boxes. I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
To learn more about Beauty Box Five and to sign up, visit https://www.beautybox5.com/
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*