Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Homemade Chocolate Truffles
With Valentine’s Day in a few weeks, it’s the perfect time for a chocolate recipe. These truffles are very easy to make and can be customized for any event. The chocolates in the photos above were decorated with blue chocolate for a Tiffany & Co. themed engagement party. The ones below were decorated with teal and red for a bridal shower. Read on to see just how easy it is to make your own chocolate truffles. It only takes a few ingredients.
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
16 oreo cookies
2 cups chocolate chips
toppings of your choice
1. Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until chopped finely.
2. Add cream cheese to the food processor, pulsing until smooth. Place cookie/cream cheese mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Roll the cookie/cream cheese mixture into small balls, and place them on a pastil wrap lined cookie sheet. Place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Heat for ten seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until completely melted. Don’t overcook the chocolate or it will become thick and difficult to work with.
5. Remove the cookie balls from the freezer and drop each one into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to help coat them. Place each truffle back on the cookie sheet and add toppings (sprinkles, candies, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, etc.) before the chocolate sets. Place the truffles in the freezer for another 30 minutes. Store in the freezer or in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Labels: candy recipe, chocolate recipe, chocolate truffles, dessert, homemade chocolate truffles, no bake, no-bake, oreo chocolates, oreo cookie recipe, oreo recipe, recipe, recipes, snack, valentine's day recipe