Monday, January 19, 2015
Sephora Haul + Mini Reviews
I’m on the search for a hand cream that will actually hydrate and protect my hands during the dry winter months. I’ve tried many products over the years and still haven’t found a miracle hand care product. After trying out what the drugstore has to offer, I ventured to Sephora’s website and ordered a few products that I’ve been curious about. I’ve included mini reviews below on the ones I have tried so far.
(clockwise from left to right)
1. Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer – This is a sample tube that I got using the promo code YOURGIFT. I may consider purchasing the full size version of this hand cream in the future because it really is amazing. It leaves my hands feeling hydrated and protected without any greasiness. The smell is a bit medicinal but it fades quickly. Even though the full size tube is a bit pricey, I think it would last a long time since a little goes a long way with this product.
2. Tocca Beauty Crema da Mano Hand Cream in Cleopatra – I decided to try out this product because it had good reviews on the Sephora site and it was only $10. It has a pleasant clean citrus scent, but I have not tried the product yet since I’m still working on the Jack Black sample.
3. Sephora Collection Bunette in Brown – This is the second bunette that I have ordered. The first time I ordered one I was sent the blonde version instead. I tried it anyway and was so impressed. I have very fine, medium-length hair with layers. I could never get the donut bun makers to work and gave up on wearing my hair in buns until a friend with a similar hair type suggested that I try a bunette. Even with the blonde version there was no bunette showing and it was so easy to use (it worked on one try unlike the donut!). It lasted all day and I only needed one hair pin to hold everything together. With the donut, I needed about 10. I ordered a bunette in brown this time around just in case Sephora discontinues them at some point. If you have hair like mine and have trouble making buns, I recommend trying this out; they are only $5 right now!
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – This is a repurchase for me. I mentioned this product in my Skin Care Routine post. Basically, I use it as a neck cream to hydrate and to calm eczema and irritation. I have been using it for almost a year and the skin on my neck is now flawless. Before I started using it, I wore scarves indoors because I was embarrassed by the blotchy red inflammation on my neck. Needless to say, I recommend this if you are still searching for something to keep eczema under control.
5. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant – I ordered the travel size version of this product in the Pure Vanilla scent. I have been using it for a couple weeks. Since it’s winter, I can’t really tell how well it will work during the hot summer months. So far, I think it works well and I like that it is free of harsh chemicals.
6. L'Occitane The Secret To Beautiful Hands Ornament – I have been wanting to try out this company’s hand care products, so I ordered this item from the holiday line because it was less expensive than ordering a tube from the regular line containing the same amount of product (1 oz.). I will try this out once I have finished my Jack Black sample.
7. Living Proof Prime Style Extender – This is one of the three free samples that I received with my order. I have not tried it yet but I really like other products from the Living Proof line, especially the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Fearless – I chose this sample because I love the Tarte blushes and use them daily. This shade gives my pale skin the most beautiful, delicate pink flush. It is very pigmented though so I have to be careful with it.
9. Stella McCartney Stella Fragrance – I had trouble choosing a third sample so I opted for this one to give to my mom since she likes fragrance samples. This fragrance contains notes of rose, peony flower, mandarin, rose absolute, and amber.
Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts on them? What is the best hand care product that you have tried?