Thursday, January 1, 2015
December 2014 Beauty Box Five
The December 2014 Beauty Box Five features products to help us feel relaxed and refreshed during this busy time of year. The products are meant to encourage us to take a few minutes to pamper ourselves and maintain a bright complexion all December long. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free!
The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the December items…
1. Lucky Brand Lucky Number 6 | Retail: $15.99-$60.00 – This first sample is a fragrance featuring notes of lotus, tiger lily, cashmere woods, and jasmine. While I normally prefer sweet scents over florals, I really like this scent. It’s not a strong overpowering floral but more of a light, sweeter floral that’s perfect for winter.
2. Absolute! New York Nail Polish Remover Pads | Retail: $2.99 for 32 Pads – I love these mini nail polish remover pads. They are perfect for travel and have a fresh lemon scent. This is a full size product.
3. Nanacoco Nail Polish | Retail: $3.95 for 0.5 fl oz – The shade that I received of this glitter polish is called Beatbox and it’s from Nanacoco’s Sprinkle of Color line. This is a full size bottle. I will be saving this pretty glitter for an upcoming giveaway that will feature multiple glitter polishes. Look out for that post if you are interested in winning glitter polishes!
4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer | Retail: $65 for $1.7 oz – Although this is my least favourite item in this month’s box, that’s only because I have very sensitive skin and am not usually interested in trying new skincare products. That said, this product does sound wonderful with its organic, antioxidant-rich plant and fruit oils formula that helps reduce wrinkles, combat sun damage, and hydrate skin. I will pass this on to my mom.
5. Jaqua Bath & Body Rose Bouquet Facial Mist | Retail: $16.50 for 15 ml – I think this is my favourite product in this month’s box. I use rose water on my face daily after showering to hydrate and calm redness. I’m looking forward to trying this brand’s version of rose water. As an added bonus, this is a full size product!
Overall, I am very happy with the December 2014 box from Beauty Box Five. In fact, it may be the most impressive box that I have received this year. The three full size products more than pay for the box and I will get a lot of use out of the majority of the items. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for 2015!
*Although the products mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes, all opinions expressed are honest and are my own*