Friday, May 8, 2015
April 2015 Beauty Box Five
The April 2015 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us start fresh this spring and try something new after a long winter. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription service that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. The service is open to those in Canada and the USA, and subscriptions start at $12 per month. The best part is that shipping is free! The brands that Beauty Box Five works with are also very impressive (see them all HERE).
Now let’s talk about the April items...
1. Dancin’ Goat Hula Bliss Body Lotion | Retail: $17.99 for 8oz - This hydrating lotion contains natural ingredients such as goat’s milk, coconut oil, lavender, eucalyptus, and rosemary. I’m always on the search for the perfect hand cream, so I’m looking forward to trying this product.
2. Lasting Smiles Passionfruit Mango Organic Lip Balm | Retail: $4.99 for 0.15 oz - This full size product contains organic ingredients and also supports fair-trade global farmers and funds cleft surgeries for children (LastingSmilesCare.com). I really appreciate that Beauty Box Five included a product this month that makes a difference in the world. Not to mention, mango is one of my favourite fruits and also one of my favourite scents for lip balm.
3. Style Essentials TwinGloss | Retail: $2.50 for 0.03 oz - This non-sticky, super-shiny gloss includes two complimentary shades that mix upon application. I really like this concept and am happy to have received a sheer nude shade.
4. Incoco Nail Polish Applique Set | Retail: $8.99 - This polish strip set is my favourite item in this month's box. As a nail polish lover, it’s always nice to use a product that produces a nice design with lasting results and no drying time. I received a design called Painted Blossoms which features a white shimmery base with blue painted flowers. I have tried many brands of polish strips and Incoco is one of my favourites. In fact, I have reviewed three of their designs in the past, including Very Rosy, Tickle Pink, and Sweet Spots.
5. First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser | Retail: $20 for 5 oz - This PH-balanced cleanser is paraben-free and safe for sensitive skin. I already use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and look forward to trying this cleanser from the brand as well.
Overall, I am very happy with the April 2015 box from Beauty Box Five. This may be one of my favourites so far! The nail strips and two lip products are full size items and the skincare samples include a good amount of product. I’m looking forward to next month’s box and can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for May.