Saturday, December 31, 2016
December 2016 Beauty Box Five
The December 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to help us ring in the New Year with its Just Add Confetti / Party Perfect theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the December items.
1. Amlactin Cerapeutic Restoring Body Lotion | Retail: $2.99 (full size) - This moisturizer relives dryness for up to 24 hours. I will definitely be using this on my legs which get very dry during the winter.
2. Professional Freezing Finish Spray | Retail: $3 (full size) - This hairspray tames flyways while resisting humidity and adding body and texture without ever feeling tacky. I think I will save this product for the summer since it’s very dry here right now and I want to really put it to test during the warm, humid weather.
3. Neutrogena Rainbath | Retail: $7.24 - This body wash leaves skin feeling soothed without any soapy residue. It also smells warm and fresh due to its scent combination of spices, fruits, and herbs. I like how this sample is the perfect size for travel and the slim bottle design will save room in my suitcase.
4. Jelly Pong Pong Liquid Gossamer | Retail: $22.95 (full size) - This liquid illuminator is a lightweight highlighting product that provides skin with radiance and hydration. It’s a shimmery copper shade that will add a soft, natural glow to many different skin tones. I will be keeping this on hand for when my skin needs a little boost during the dreary winter months.
5. Hikari Lip Gloss | Retail: $13 (full size) - This semi-matte gloss provides moisture and long-lasting colour. I received the shade Fate which is a pretty mauve colour that is universally flattering.
Overall, I think that Beauty Box Five wrapped up the year with a great selection of products. The December 2016 box includes four full size items that retail for over $40, and the fifth item is a generous size sample. The products come from a range of different beauty categories such as hair care, body care, and makeup, so there’s really something for everyone.
It’s been a great year for Beauty Box Five, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for 2017.