Wednesday, December 21, 2016
November 2016 Beauty Box Five
The November 2016 Beauty Box Five* features products to help keep us looking our best when it’s cold outside with its It’s Too Cold For A Naked Face / Cozy theme.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the November items.
1. Peony Shadow Trio in Gilded | Retail: $17.95 (full size) - This bronzed shadow trio includes three beautiful neutrals that will complement many skin tones. The shades are pigmented, smooth, and long-lasting. I’m not sure if you can tell from the picture but this is a super tiny palette (smaller than a credit card) which makes it an amazing travel companion.
2. Manna Kadar Lip Locked Stain in Shae | Retail: $24 - This lip product acts as a primer, stain, and lip gloss in one. It lasts all day and is in a versatile shade. If your lips do not have a lot of natural pigment, this shade could be the perfect your-lips-but-better colour.
3. BB5 Cut that Crease Angle Brush | Retail: $10 (full size) - This month’s box includes another Beauty Box Five brush. This one can be used for applying cream or powder shadow in the crease and gives an airbrushed finish on the lid. Like the other BB5 brushes that were sent in previous boxes, this one seems very soft and well-made. I’m already starting a little collection of them.
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes | Retail: $6.49 - You can never have too many makeup-remover wipes! These come in handy on those lazy nights when you don’t want to do your full cleansing routine or when you’re travelling and don’t want to carry too many products around. They’re also good for those of you who have sensitive skin like I do since they are ultra soft and gently dissolve all traces of makeup, including waterproof mascara.
5. Briogeo Deep Conditioning Hair Mask | Retail: $36 - This product arrived at the perfect time since the beginning of November is when my hair began to fall flat at the roots and become dry at the ends. It will stay this way until about April (or when the heat and humidity return), so any products that can help are welcome. This conditioning mask contains avocado, sweet almond oil, argan oil, vitamins B5, D, A, and E, and biotin to repair damage and breakage. It’s also free of sulfates, prabens, silicones, and artificial colours and fragrances. I can’t wait to try it, especially after having my hair coloured.
Overall, I think that the November 2016 Beauty Box Five is a success. Although there are fewer full size items this month, the sample sizes are generous and contain enough product for multiple uses.
I also like the variety of products in this month’s box. There’s products from most beauty categories and they all work together to create a polished yet natural look.
Now that November is over, we only have one box left for 2016 and I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for December.