Thursday, February 25, 2016
February 2016 Beauty Box Five
The February 2016 Beauty Box Five* is extra special since the subscription service turns four this month. The box’s theme is “Birthday Sweets!” and it features five versatile beauty products.
If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the February items.
1. Starlooks Custom Lip Liner in Sultry Sangria | Retail: $16 - Beauty Box Five and Starlooks worked together to create this lip liner’s versatile mauve shade in celebration of Beauty Box Five’s birthday. I love that it’s neutral but not a plain nude and will work under many different lipstick shades or alone to enhance the natural lip colour.
2. Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer | Retail: $20 - When I opened this month’s box, I was drawn to this product’s pretty pink and black packaging. It’s simple yet so sleek and professional. It makes me want to try the product which is a primer to prevent eyeshadow creasing and give the best colour payoff.
3. Manna Kadar Beauty 3 in 1 Shadow, Highlight & Blush in Fantasy | Retail: $19 - This rose gold pigment can be used on eyes and cheeks for a soft glow. It’s a beautiful shade that will complement many makeup looks year round.
4. Hemp Nation Kiwi-Mango Body Wash | Retail: $7.99 - The delicious scent of this fruity body wash makes me forget for a few moments that it’s snowing outside as I type this post. It’s sweet and refreshing and smells like a tropical smoothie.
5. Epic Blend Premium Lip Balm | Retail: $3.49 - This all-natural and organic lip balm is perfect for using before bed to wake up to soft lips in the morning. I received the flavour blueberry which is one of my favourites.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the February Beauty Box Five. It includes an exciting combination of products and has a great value. This months’s box includes four full size items that amount to over $40. The eye shadow primer is not full size, but it is a very generous sample. I also like how the unique selection of products shows the thought and consideration that the company put in to curating this month’s box. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for March and wish this wonderful subscription service a very happy birthday!