Thursday, February 18, 2016
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecake Bites
Impress your guests with this mini cheesecake recipe that’s easy to create but makes everyone think that you spent all day baking. I came up with this dessert when I was in the baking mood but didn’t want to have to go shopping for additional ingredients. I always have graham crackers, cream cheese, chocolate, and fruit around the house, so this dessert came together easily.
Now, I like to make these decadent little desserts to give as gifts or to bring to parties. They are always the highlight of the dessert table, so you may want to make a double batch.
While there are a few steps to this recipe, they’re quick and easy. You will be indulging in a mini cheesecake in no time.
The first layer is the buttery graham cracker crust.
Next, some mini chocolate chips for added flavour and texture.
Then comes the creamy cheesecake filling.
It looks darker and fluffier once it’s baked.
The chocolate-dipped strawberries are the icing on the (cheese) cake. You could use other fruits as well such as blackberries or clementines.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
One 8oz package cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
9 strawberries, washed and dried thoroughly
1/2 cup chocolate melting wafers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place about 1 tbsp of the mixture in each of the cupcake liners and press down gently to form an even layer.
3. Place about 1.5 tsp of mini chocolate chips in each cupcake liner on top of the crust.
4. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Divide the cheesecake filling evenly between the cupcake liners, covering the mini chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheesecakes are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
7. Once cheesecakes are completely cool, heat the chocolate melting wafers in the microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring after each heating until completely melted. Don’t overcook the chocolate or it will become thick and difficult to work with.
8. Spoon about a teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of a cheesecake bite and then dip a strawberry in the chocolate and place it on top. Repeat with the remaining cheesecake bites. Refrigerate until ready to serve.