Thursday, February 4, 2016
January 2016 Beauty Box Five
The January 2016 Beauty Box Five* includes products for achieving flawless hair and nails. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Box Five, it is a subscription that sends its members five cosmetic samples each month. Subscriptions start at $12 per month and shipping is free!
Now let’s talk about the January items.
1. Salon Grafix Hair Spray | Retail: $6.99 - This extra hold hair spray is a bonus item in this month’s box. I’m excited to try it since I’m always on the search for a hair spray that will hold curls in my super straight hair. I also really love these smaller bottles since they are easier to store and travel with.
2. Novex Bamboo Sprout Deep Conditioning Treatment | Retail: $14.99 - This rich conditioning treatment fortifies hair follicles in just 15 minutes. I think we could all use something like this during the dry winter months when hair needs extra hydration.
3. Not Your Mother’s Haircare Plump for Joy | Retail: $7 - I have always wanted to try products from this brand and I’m so happy that my first one is a volumizing product. My hair is so flat in the winter and could use a much needed boost. It works on both wet and dry hair, so I won’t need to wait to wash my hair to try it out.
4. Bodipure Keratin Gloves | Retail: $5 - This revolutionary hand treatment strengthens nails while nourishing skin and cuticles. I think that the skin on our hands can really tell our age if we don’t take good care of it, so I’m always looking for new ways to keep my hands moisturized and youthful looking. This product seems promising and I’m looking forward to trying it.
5. Nails Inc. Nail Polish | Retail: $9.99 - I love receiving nail polish in beauty boxes and this deep shade of purple called Sloane Mews is perfect for winter. I have received a few Nails Inc. polishes from Beauty Box Five and really enjoy them.
6. Scratch Custom Accent Nail Wraps | Retail: $6 - These nail wraps can be used over dry polish to create unique nail art. I love this idea and think it’s a great way to get a professional look at home.
Overall, I am very impressed with the first Beauty Box Five of 2016. This month’s box included three full size products (the hand treatment, the nail polish, and the nail wraps) that more than cover the cost of the box. Not to mention, it included the bonus hair spray. Most months, there’s a product or two that doesn’t quite fit with my style, but I like and will use everything that I received this month. I can’t wait to see what Beauty Box Five has in store for February and the rest of the year!